A comprehensive integrated program of services
TOM FOSTER COMMUNITY CARE (TFCC)
For nearly half a century Tom Foster Community Care has been providing a comprehensive integrated program of services to the local community for older people, people with disabilities and their carers. TFCC’s knowledge in, and experience of, the local service delivery network assist clients to remain independent in their own homes.
Tom Foster Community Care works under the Marrickville Council legislation; NSW Disability Service Standard; National HACC Guidelines and the new Community Care Common Standard.
TFCC provides Meals on Wheels Program; Social Support Program; Seniors Groups activities, exercise group activities and Transport to local Seniors’ groups;
- TFCC Meals on Wheels provides 1000 meals per week;
- The Marrickville Social Support Program (MSSS), provides social support to 51 clients, 5 days per week;
- The TFCC bus transport 120 people a week for outings or to local venues;
- TFCC also hosts the Seniors’ Exercise group three times a month;
- TFCC is also used by local seniors groups and groups for people with disability for activities and centre based meals;
- TFCC also manages four seniors groups who also use the Centre for activities and centre based meals; and
- TFCC also hosts special events at the Centre.
TFCC has approximately 100 volunteers who:
- Deliver and distribute meals to clients at homes;
- Deliver multicultural meals and catering ordered by other services;
- Provide social support under the MSSS to local aged residents;
- Provide support in the kitchen; and
- Provide support in the Office.
The volunteers provides approximately 220 volunteer hours per week this in kind equals to $26,000 in value.
Marrickville Council employs be-lingual staff who can assist with interpreting. Please call 9335 2222.
You can also call on 131 450, the Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS).