The Newtown Precinct Business Association helps our precinct Do Better Business through advocacy, marketing, engagement and events.
- To provide businesses in our precinct with the tools and support they need to grow their business
- To connect and promote the local councils and partners who support us with our community of businesses
- To promote our precinct with the intention of attracting more visitors
- To connect these visitors with our local businesses
- To foster economic development in our precinct that will lead to
- More jobs in the community
- Creativity and innovation in our sectors of specialty
- Increased capacity for local businesses
- Attracting new businesses to the precinct
We assist in delivering benefits to businesses in the local communities of Newtown, Enmore, Erskineville, Camperdown and parts of Marrickville, St Peters, Petersham and Chippendale. We are what is more commonly known as a business chamber, but as is common in our precinct we do things a little differently!
The way in which we help our locals Do Better Business is
- Advocacy – We advocate on behalf of the local business community
- For example our campaign to save King St from Westconnex Clearways
- Marketing – We promote our precinct to drive visitation that creates clients and customers for our locals
- Our digital footprint reaches over 1million people a year
- Engagement – We engage with locals to understand their needs and provide support for them and their business
- We meet with and hold events that assist us in engaging locals with us, each other and our local council partners
- The Annual Newtown Good Food Fair – To promote our local food and beverage businesses and to drive visitors to the precinct
- Attracting over 8000 people to the precinct on the second Sunday in October
Two of our key projects recently initiated are
- The Local Business Co-Operative – A business accelerator that provides affordable office spaces and face to face business mentoring
- The Night Time Economy Alliance – A project that will help sustain and develop Newtown’s night time economy
If you are a local business, you can join us for free as a Supporter member, or invest in a Partner membership for additional benefits. Your options are on our Application Page.
If you want to know more, please contact us to have a conversation about how we can support you and ways in which you can become part of our local business community.
We look forward to helping you Do Better Business.