Already know you want to come? RSVP on our Eventbrite page. Still need convincing? Read on!
I know what you’re thinking – “another space sharing platform?”.
With the peer-to-peer economy going from strength to strength, there has been a steady increase in the co-working and share space sector. From co-working hubs, such as WeWork, to the numerous office space platforms, there are many options in the market.
So, what sets Altspc apart?
The key to our success is that the Altspc platform welcomes any unused or vacant space within your business premises and puts it to better use, by connecting it with individuals that need it. We do this by listing your spare space on our platform and then connecting it with freelancers, start-ups and small businesses in your local community. This converts your unused space into revenue, while giving other emerging businesses a chance to thrive.
We pride ourselves on the fact that Altspc is open to anyone – any industry, any type of space and any location. From renting out a barber’s chair in a hair salon, to opening a cafe as an evening event space or turning that wasted back room into a small office space, we welcome it all!
Did we mention you can list your space for free?
That’s not everything. We also provide every Altspc user with:
- FREE $60 million Comprehensive Insurance Cover: Your business safety is our #1 priority. This insurance covers all of our users and can even extend to machinery and tools on site
- FREE Photography: Easily organise a photographer to take beautiful pictures of your space, during a time that suits you. This ensures your listing receives the attention it deserves
- FREE 24/7 Customer Service: It may seem like a given, but Altspc has raised the bar. Aside from our online customer service, you’re also able to speak to an Altspc team member, rather than a call centre
My favourite thing about Altspc is that we focus on alternative spaces and innovative uses of these spaces (we’ve even named ourselves after it – ALTernative SPaCes). Our core belief is that a space can have a multitude of different uses and here are two real life examples of current listings putting this into practice.
- Belvoir Theatre: This theatre, that’s celebrated for its visionary storytelling, has opened it’s doors and made their rehearsal rooms and theatres available to the public. Instead of these spaces sitting idle between plays, they are now put to better use via Altspc.
- Cafe Giulia: Once a butcher’s shop, this cafe has become a staple in Sydney’s cafe scene over the past two decades. During the evening this space is now welcoming pop-ups and has also converted part of the building into a bustling co-working space, both of which are listed on Altspc.
- The Indigo Project: Taking the concept of a multi-use space to another level, this premise has 4 floors offering a different focus on each; the basement has recently been fitted out to house 5 artist studios; the ground floor houses 3 practitioner/therapy rooms and a small office space, ideal for a growing start-up; the second floor’s large open room can be used as a yoga studio, photo studio or event space; plus a rooftop that can either be added o,n or hired separately, as an event space.
Now the only questions remaining are: Do you have spare space that’s ready to list? Need help signing up? Have a few more questions? Or simply want to hear a little bit more about what Altspc stands for?
We’ve organised an Altspc Open Day where we’ll be taking over Young Henrys on Tuesday, 15 August from 10am until 6pm. Pop by before you open shop or after you’ve finished for the day, this is an open invitation to all of the local businesses. Come down, have a chat to the Altspc team and find out more about Altspc and what it can do for your business. The beer’s on us!
RSVP your attendance on our Eventbrite page so we can get your beer’s on ice!